Welcome and thank you for your interest in joining our Chapter! We believe what makes SHRM SWFL stand out among the rest is our welcoming and diverse membership!
SHRM SWFL (#235) is a local chapter of the national Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM).
SHRM SWFL is a group of human resource professionals who come together to discuss issues related to human resource management and to find ways to better serve their employers and employees.
Our purpose is to promote and advance the understanding and application of every phase of human resource management; to endeavor to establish and improve ideals, performance and standards of ethical conduct and relationships in the field of human resources; to encourage cooperation among members for the exchange of ideas, discussion of problems and the dissemination of information in the field of human resources; to develop greater recognition of the human resource function.
SHRM SWFL provides monthly meetings with speakers, educational programs, and numerous opportunities to network with human resource professionals.
Meetings are held on the second Wednesday of the month at the Crown Plaza Hotel near the Bell Tower Shops in Fort Myers.
Professional Members are:
(1) Engaged in the practice of human resources.
(2) Certified by SHRM and/or the Human Resource Certification Institute.
(3) Faculty members of accredited colleges or universities holding instructor, assistant, associate, or full professorial rank in human resources management or any of its specialized functions and who have at least three years experience at this level teaching.
(4) Full-time consultants with at least three years experience in the field of human resource management.
(5) Full-time attorneys with at least three years experience in counseling and advising clients on matters related to the human resource profession.
Associate Members are:
(1) Individuals who do not meet the qualifications of the other classes of membership, but who demonstrate a bona fide interest in human resource management and the mission of the Chapter.
Student Members are:
(1) Individuals who are enrolled as full-time students in human resource degree programs at the college or university level.
Professional Members have full voting privileges and may hold office within the Chapter.
Annual Chapter membership is from January through December.
If you should have any questions, please e-mail Christine Christensen at email@example.com
There are currently three membership levels, Professional, Associate, and Student. Review of membership applications occur at each monthly board meetings. Approximately 48 hours after applications are approved, the VP of Membership will grant member access on the website and contact each applicant by email.